Come check out some our newest reads! If you do not find it on the shelf then please fill out a Patron Item Request Form found downstairs at the Item Request Center counter (located in the front lobby).
Here are just some of the newest titles in our local collection:
- The Baker Street Letters (Robertson, Michael)
- The Brothers of Baker Street: A Mystery (Robertson, Michael)
- The Crackers: Early Days of Atlanta Baseball (Darnell, Tim)
- The Girls of August (Siddons, Anne Rivers)
- In A Nutshell: Cooking and Baking with Nuts and Seeds (Tannenbaum, Cara)
- The Mockingbird Nexst Door: Life with Harper Lee (Mills, Marja)
- The Other Side of the Pillow (Zane)
- Pastor Needs a Boo (Bowen, Michele Andrea)
For those just now checking up on our blog and homepage — I would like to remind everyone that September is ‘Library Card Sign-up Month’. The Twin Lakes Library System would like to remind you that your library card is one of the most important cards in your wallet. Owning a library card account requires a certain level of responsibility and in return you receive access to a fairly vast amount of material and resources.
September in the Twin Lakes Library System also screams LIBRARY FAIR! We are working hard getting ready for our annual fundraiser — the Library Fair. We hope you will be able to attend — September 27, 2014.
Become a sponsor of the Annual Twin Lakes Library System Library Fair.
You too can be a much needed and appreciated sponsor of the Library Fair. Sponsorship levels are Silver ($50 – $199), Gold ($200 – $499), and Platinum ($500 and above). All sponsors are included in our announcements during the event while early sponsors are included on our flyers and other promotional materials.
To become a sponsor simply mail a check to:
Friends of the Mary Vinson Memorial Library
Attn: Sarah Hamil
151 S Jefferson St. SE
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Don’t forget to attend the Annual Library Fair @ the MVML on Saturday, September 27th from 9AM until 2PM!
The Twin Lakes Library System has four book-drops. Our book-drops accept all material types — books, movies, magazines, etc. If you checked it out from a PINES member library then you can return at our book-drops.
The Four Drops: Read more
The Twin Lakes Library System accepts book donations year round — during regular hours of operation and at our Mary Vinson Memorial Library branch in downtown Milledgeville. Books that are donated may end up in actual library circulation as a new book to our collection or as a replacement for a worn out copy. Some donated books may be sold in Frank’s Friends to help raise money for the Library. Other books may be saved for selling at Library Fair. Thank you for your donations.
The Twin Lakes Library System accepts donations from the public at the Mary Vinson Memorial Library location only, during its regular open hours. A Deed of Gift is available upon request. Items NOT accepted by the Twin Lakes Library System include:
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Items that are damaged, water damaged, moldy, and/or mildewed
- Books missing covers
- Books with pages falling out
- Encyclopedias and textbooks older than 5 years and/or that are missing volumes
- Homemade recordings of any kind and/or black market music or video recordings